COVID-19 Leadership Support
FTI Consulting COVID-19 Response Team has assembled a list of functional-specific questions organizations should be asking themselves during this challenging crisis.
Scenario Analysis and Plan Development
- Have you identified the alternative transactions your organization can make in the future? Learn more
- Are you allocating your capital to the right areas to help your organization thrive in a business climate marked by disruption? Learn more
- The evolving global economy and macroeconomic trends will have far-reaching implications on business activity. How will they impact yours? Learn more
- Every important business unit in your organization has a representative. How involved are they when it comes to contingency planning? Learn more
- Is your organization prepared to monitor, audit, and investigate COVID-19-related relief disbursements and ensure compliance with government-imposed mandates Learn more
- Can your organization raise capital and liquidity in today’s market? Learn more
- How will your organization identify the new market opportunities in today’s post-pandemic climate? Learn more
- How are you communicating your response to the COVID-19 crisis? Learn more
- Are you effectively communicating with your employees on your organization's COVID-19 response? Learn more
- If you are contemplating closing offices or functions, have you considered these scenarios?
- How are you communicating with investors? Learn more
- Effective crisis communication requires more than employee and investor engagement, how should organizations engage with other stakeholders? Learn more
- Have you evaluated the implications of your accounting, financial reporting and internal controls? Learn more
- Have you given your debt covenant thresholds a thorough stress test? Learn more
- Are you evaluating the short-term and long-term impact of COVID-19 on your organization? Learn more
- Will you be able to collect all your accounts receivable? And will your counterparties be able to make their payments? Learn more
- What are the steps you can take to improve your liquidity position? Learn more
- How will you prepare a rolling cash forecast to help manage liquidity in the future? Learn more
- How will you bolster your balance sheet? Learn more
- If you need to divest or carve out a portion of your business, how can you safely separate data and technology systems?
- If you administer and approve loans through the Small Business Administration Paycheck Protection Program or other public funding programs, do you fully understand the risks to your financial institution? Learn more
Legal & Regulatory
- How can financial institutions build robust controls to combat new fraud, money laundering and terrorist financing trends? Learn more
- How can you maintain legal obligations like discovery, collections and legal holds?
- How can you prevent data loss when employees depart the company?
- What will be the trade deals and trade policies that will spur economic recovery? Learn more
- What industries will be most impacted by the COVID-19 fraud, and what types of fraud can we expect? Learn more
- How will you disclose the material changes your organization has experienced because of the pandemic (and how will your stakeholders react)? Learn more
- What should you be doing to prepare for pandemic-related lawsuits? Learn more
- How will your organization address the updated consumer credit reporting requirements of the CARES Act and individual state regulatory guidance? Learn more
- What makes responding to COVID-19 so difficult from a medical, clinical perspective and an economic perspective? Learn more
- How do you consider Pricing in a Crisis to comply with Competition Law Compliance During COVID-19? Learn more
- What are the Block Exemption Regulations for the Healthcare sector in South Africa? Learn more
- How do you assess excessive pricing cases during the COVID-19 pandemic in South Africa? Learn more
- Is your Competition Law Compliance Policy adequate to protect your business from complaints about excessive and unfair pricing during the period of the COVID-19 national disaster? Learn more
- Do you understand the implications of simply Invoking Force Majeure? Learn more
- How will you reign in non-personnel expenses? Will you put restrictions in place for travel, in-person meetings and non-essential training? Learn more
- Your supply chain will be impacted by market disruption (if it hasn’t already). Do you have short-term and long-term strategies in place now? Learn more
- Can you redeploy organization resources like staff, warehousing and logistics to address immediate short-term needs? Learn more
- Do you have a strong Sales and Operational Planning (S&OP) scheme ready to roll for the unexpected delays and market challenges? Learn more
- How can you shape customer demand to steer sales toward your well-supplied items and better control your inventory? Learn more
- How have you led your business during these strange times? Learn more
- Is your leadership going to take you into post COVID-19 age? Learn more
- Do you have a full org chart plan in place for employees if any one is directly impacted by Covid-19? Learn more
- Do your workers have important outside obligations like childcare or eldercare that limit their availability? Learn more
- Are you communicating effectively with your employees during Covid-19? Learn more
Technology & Cybersecurity
- How can you legally obtain data from remote employees for an investigation or legal matter?
- A wave of Covid-19-related cyberattacks makes it imperative to tighten your organization's cybersecurity. How are you protecting your staff? Learn more
- How well do your telecommuting capabilities stand up as your workforce moves from the office to their 大庄家彩票平台s? Learn more
- Just how safe, secure, and resilient is your tech infrastructure when the surge of remote employees logging in? Learn more
- Do you have current incident response and business continuity plans implemented, in addition to an identified firm for immediate incident response assistance?
- How can you ensure you are protecting data and maintaining data privacy policies while employees are remote?
- For important cybersecurity updates issued by leading intelligence agencies, click here.